Hot List

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring in the Ozarks. . .

I absolutely love this time of year . . . even when we have days of 32 degrees one day and 72 degrees the next - I don't care! I'm very aware when this begins to happen that I will soon start to notice tiny green hues on the tree branches as I make my 8 mile drive into town each morning. There's just something about teachers, students and Springtime afternoons that just lifts the spirits!

Our Spring Break begins the 16th of March - 5 days and counting: - I am somewhat concerned that it could be dusted with snow, some of the religious almanac watchers say that one more snow event is forecast in the almanac. I sure hope whoever the almanac guru is, that maybe it's wrong this year - I'm ready for vegetation to cover up the mess left behind from the ice event - it's a humble reminder of what nature is capable of. . .

1 comment:

Marlette said...

I have two kinds of flowers by my front door - Sasanqua Camellias and Sarcococca - that start putting out fragrant blooms right about now, when things look the barest and bleakest. I LOVE the reminder that things are made new even in the grayest times. Isn't God amazing?

I saw my first crocuses this week - tiny little precursors of our still far-off Spring. We're expecting snow this weekend! But I know it's not going to last forever . . .

Love you dearly!