Hot List

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fair Weather Fan. . .

I have NEVER enjoyed winter. Yes sirree, God's nature is beautiful when it's covered with ice, snow etc. . . and His power is extremely evident here in our neck of the woods. I've learned a lot about myself these past 6 days - I'm strong for a couple of days, but stress can really drag me down, both physical and emotional - and the last 6 days have been filled with both. I've tried to stay positive but I must say I do understand how people can have major anxiety issues during catastrophic events. My family and friends have been exceptional, especially my sweet husband - he's like the Eveready Bunny, he just keeps on tickin' - even when he's taking a lickin' (and remember he's had to listen to me these last 6 days.) But here's the clincher - what's on every TV in America tonight, that's right FOOTBALL - and guess what, we still don't have electricity at our home, so where am I right now - I AM WARM AND COZY IN A HOTEL ROOM IN TOWN - as I always say - THANK GOODNESS FOR FOOTBALL - "Go STEELERS!"

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm with you! I was about to lose it and we only went without power for 3 1/2 days!