Have you ever heard that old song, at this very minute I would love to go back 6 weeks and have just a couple more weeks of summer! I'm totally exhausted, but excited at the same time. I have a whole new crop of little seeds to work with this year... and they are precious!!! God is so good and blesses me with just the little inspirations that I need to make me better able to help these little people learn. I have so many non-traditional ideas to explore learning on their behalf, but our day is so filled with demands of what I consider to be non-essential teaching! My number one thought this year is Essential Learning - it's all about the student. My goal is to pinpoint each child's learning style and hone in on what is essential for that child to gain this year so that they will be successful in third grade. Speaking of new grade - I'm not feeling that "run over by a truck" feeling that I usually have felt by the second day of kindergarten, but I have the "race track" brain feeling and I'm not sure that it's not more exhaustive than the physical. But whatever it's totally worth every minute!!! I LOVE MY CALLING!!!!
Tomorrow is a BIG (HOG) day for this little family. We're moving Kellby to the dorm at 8:30 am on Wednesday, August 20th, 2008! It's such a bittersweet thought - I'm really excited for what the future holds for my brilliant son, but my heart aches when I think about him not needing me . . . for 18 years now anytime he needed something all he had to do was "Mom!", and usually I could supply his needs - tomorrow morning that comes to a halt because I think all he will be calling out for is "WoooooooooPIGSOOOOOIE!!!!! I hope to have pictures to post sometime in the future. You notice I didn't commit to a specific time? I haven't really done so well staying on top of the blogworld - now that I'm back among the living I will try to do better! I know it won't be on a Sunday, Monday, Friday or Saturday!
Blakeley has adjusted well to 9th grade, at least the first two days have been fine. She's loving Math these days, and recently she said she thought she would be able to make higher on the ACT than Kellby therefore saving us some money on her college costs!!! She's really just wan
ting more clothes - I know her strategy!!!
The livin' ain't so dang easy now, but the weather sure is nice! I'm hoping to enjoy some of this cool August weather (A-typical this time of year in Arkansas) this weekend so don't be expecting a Post over the weekend!!! It's safe to say, every post I make during the school year will be a surprise!!!! So keeping checking - checking out! Christye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, those "taking your first child to college" memories! My throat aches just thinking about it. Even though Christye is "only" 3 hours away, and Kellby will be even closer, you are definitely turning a corner! I'm here if you ever need a shoulder. Don't worry, though; he'll be back - with hungry friends . . . and laundry!
Love you - write when you can; it is such a pleasure to know what you're doing.
Marlette
we ALWAYS come home when we are hungry or out of money!! HAHA
Post a Comment