Hot List

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome Labor Day!

Well, well, well - so much for journaling my life everyday of my eventful life! Just goes to show you, if this is all there is - what'a life!!! And what'a life it is, I wouldn't trade places with anybody. School is going great for everyone. Second grade agrees with me - I'm really, really tired and as I said earlier it's not the physical tired of Kindergarten is the mental tired - just knowing these children's academic future depends on whether or not I deliver the message so that they "GET IT!!" Sometimes it's scary - especially at 2:00 each afternoon when we start Math!

Kellby seems to be adjusting really well to dorm and college life. He's come home once with dirty laundry . . . and I beamed to be able to do it for him, and then yesterday he came home before the first football game - to get free food! So all in all - he's a very, normal college guy!

Blakeley's classes and 9th grade year are going well, her first football game is Thursday - with a brand new routine and uniform to perform in. She's a very normal junior high girl too, it takes her about 40 minutes each morning to get ready - and she's just as cute when she spends 10 minutes - but it's all a matter of perspective.

And tomorrow is Labor Day - it's a day that most of us work harder at having fun than we do at our daily labor! But I welcome the day to sleep late, again - 5:30 is really early! And I'm planning to spend some time with mom, looking for shoes. . . I'll bet we find something else too. And as soon as I return home I'll have to load up the books, head to the school and get my papers copied for it all to begin on Tuesday morning - so, this afternoon - I'm spending the day in my swim suit, laying by the pool, occasionally coming in to refill my sweet tea and just enjoying my laborless day! I hope that you enjoy yours also!

1 comment:

Tins and Treasures said...

I appreciated your post about the school day...it's about 2:00 when I'm feeling like we should be done, and we still have an hour and 20 minutes left before dismissal!
Both my girls are away at college. I miss having them here and "getting ready"...