Hot List

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation Amenities

FYI, before you advertise that you are going to keep all TWO of your blog fans up-to-date on your vacation, make sure your condo has internet access!!!
My two faithful fans, my mom and my brother, both kept checking my blog for pictures and updates since I had said I would post everyday of our vacation - well - no access at the condo and Starbucks was about 10 miles away- and well, someone didn't think it was a necessity for me to drive to Starbucks everyday just to post a picture and note about the days happenings. (Evidently he is not a blogger!)
But in spite of all the delays we had a wonderful week, with resident alligators in the freshwater swamp just at the back of our condo - pictures will be posted soon. We enjoyed several nights of great seafood - I think Bubba's was my favorite. Plus, we sailed one evening on a dolphin cruise and saw a gorgeous sunset on the water, the picture posted just to the left!
Kellby entertained all the Mississippi fans with his impersonation of Houston Dale Nutt, their new football coach, and let them know just what they were in for! You will notice a picture of him with our nephew, Levi, with Kellby in full character and costume.
Needless to say with our family with us we had nightly fun around the kitchen table playing Mexican Train, with double 15 dominoes. Each night we had to play at least 3 rounds of dominoes to finish off the week the last night at double blanks. Oh and by the way, Levi won the week as lowest scorer - and we won't mention who came in last with over 700 points but his initials are RAH. After dominoes the guys played ROOK - which included sound effects of the 'old bird when Kellby or Levi were able to pawn him off on the other team, Danny & Richard.
We enjoyed Anita in the kitchen each afternoon and some evenings. You'll have to find out what her specialties are - ask Kellby next time you see him.
Then by the end of the week to mine and Blakeley's pleasure the State of Alabama was having it's NO SALES TAX WEEKEND for back to school shopping - it was delightful - in fact I think all 7 of us did Alabama a favor!
At the present we are back home and back on schedule - Danny just came in and informed me that the "easy part" of his routine was done - the riding lawn mower part - I guess tomorrow will be the hard part - why do today what you can put off until tomorrow - especially yard work. And I'm now down to two more loads of laundry - from who knows how many piles just before noon. This week is already full: Jr. High Dance practice starts tomorrow evening, Kellby has to pick up University ID card and High School diploma, Christye has final doctor appointments and Inservice beginning Thursday, and Danny is back to work in the morning! Oh well, it's the good ole summertime for at least a few more days - I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time! Can't wait to catch up with you soon.

Brandy said...

You can count me as a fan of your blog too! I am so glad that you all had a fun time! See you soon!

Marlette said...

Your mom and brother were not the only ones checking daily! I was going to "gently" nudge you to post more often - but I guess lack of internet access is a good excuse. Though, in my humble opinion, 10 miles is NOT too far to get to a Starbucks! Of course, here we have one about every 10 BLOCKS, so I wouldn't know! :)

Glad you had fun - loved the pics!

Trina said...

Well, they weren't the only ones checking! I just decided you were too busy!