I am loving second grade. Everyday is so delightful with these little people because they are so excited about what I tell them they can do!!! We are learning to write sentences with naming parts (nouns) and telling parts (verbs)! I've got to share some with you:
From Annie: "My teacher likes to pant pishurs of rosters."
From Isabel: "Mrs. Hudson ROCKS!!!"
From J: "My teacher is a good panter."
From Alaini: "My teacher is an arktist."
It looks to me like they have gotten to know me pretty well, I love to "paint", and my favorite subject to paint is a"rooster", my birthday is coming up and it's the big 50 - probably what Alaini was referring to when she said arktist ("the Ark"), and we have TONS of fun in class therefore I ROCK!!
If I can figure out all the technology involved I've got to videotape this little crew when we sing. One of my new favorite illustrators is Christopher Canyon. He has taken the words from some of John Denver's songs and illustrated them into some wonderful children's literature. Our favorite is "Country Roads Take Me Home": Everytime these little angel voices sing I can't help but get all choked up - they are having so much fun singing with eachother - and believe me they are belting out that chorus!
I must admit though, I think spelling should move to TOP PRIORITY, but you can bet we will put it to music and have a ball. I'll share more from this little bunch as the year goes on - especially when I'm the noun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love their sentences. They all must have had a fantastic Kindergarten teacher in order to write sentences like that!
I love it!!! And just think...it all started with a solar system lesson.........see, you shot for the moon, you made it, and are now hanging it for others. You go girl.
Post a Comment