Hot List

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time flies. . .

I just read one of my "bestest friend bloggers" who couldn't believe how long it had been since her last post - Marlette, look at me - one a month is pitiful!!! And just like Marlette I can't believe how life gets in the way of the things that bring so much joy. I love going to all my favorite blog sites and relishing those moments when it's just like we're sitting there talking - but look I've only done it twice in almost 30 days . . but,
Kellby's in the dorm - sick, cough and allergies; I do have a job where I do my best to train little minds to read, add, subtract and write; my mom fell last week at the gas station, we go tomorrow for a visit with the orthopedic doctor and find out the extent of the damages; now Blakeley is sick, same song, second verse - cough and allergies; Danny's taking a class with H&R Block to do taxes this season, gone two nights a week; while I'm at football games watching cheering and dance teams. And again just like Marlette, I look at my house and I see dust, I see newspapers stacked to the ceiling, I see ironing, I see stacks of magazines (that I'd LOVE to be able to sit down and thumb through), I have 3 painting projects that NEED to be done before Thanksgiving, and I have this blog that I LOVE playing with - (and you can see that my priorities are in the correct order - I blogged FIRST!) Well, again - like Marlette - that's just life and like Trina Lou says, "it's my life and I'm stickin' to it" - cause guess what? I turn 50 on Sunday and I'm going to see Willie Nelson, and I'm carrying my AARP Card, so there!!!!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Blog and paint first-you can always clean later! I know how time flies-we work together and we don't even have time to visit.

Marlette said...

50!!! When did this happen to us?! Remember when 30 seemed far away? I guess it does again . . .

LOVE YOU!

Trina said...

Oh my goodness. I knew that! I think that I just blank out during the month of October. I missed your 50th and Nita's. I hope that someone did something grand for you! Of course..you should blog about it.