No I didn't misspell Elf, but do you know what EFL has to do with my life? If you teach in Arkansas you probably do, but for those of you who don't it stands for Effective Literacy - and I have just completed my first 6 hour day of eleven days within the next two years. It's just amazing what "they" expect teachers to do in the classroom each day. I for one, try extremely hard to accomplish all that is expected - but it's unrealistic and impossible to do each and every day that I am with children. I appreciate so much though the training that is invested in us as professionals and most of the time it's all paid for by our district. I have one more thing to say about this subject and then I'm done. Why can't we as teachers sit down with the "they's" in each state and Washington and talk one on one about NCLB and children who are unable to compete in the global marketplace? I for one, think that the majority of our students need to be able to compete in the local marketplace before we can expect them to even care about the global market! And as Trina would say, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"
I'm sitting here patting myself on the back because I've just realized I have Blogging Clout! I have a friend in Washington State, Marlette, who emailed me today with her NEW blog and I have a "lone" teacher friend here, Leanne, who is contemplating her own blog since she has Holden Thomas or Sarah Katherine (let me know if I have the spelling or names incorrect) due in December 2008! If you think Leanne should start a blog to keep the world informed of all the new beginnings then just post a comment and I will pass them on to her. There's nothing like a little healthy "guilt" to make a teacher rise to the next level!!! Come on Leanne join the Blogging lifestyle.
Here's a little tidbit of news for you girlfriends of mine: my lil 14 year old daughter competed in a $1 a hand game of poker with her 18 year old brother and won $14. He had to sell clothes today so he'd have some cash since she beat him out of all his singles!!! I'm so sorry but I think that is AWESOME!!! You would too, if you knew how competitive Kellby is - she said he was so mad!!! I'm sure he tried to use his smooth, legal talk to get his cash back - but there's one thing about Blakeley when she makes up her mind about something - there is NO WAY it's changing - and when it comes to money and beating her brother, well that's a no brainer!
Danny is taking my van, or our van, to have the tires aligned today before we go on our road trip to the gulf. We were thinking we were going to have to invest in new tires after our oil change and "15 point tune-up", but we read the report a little closer and it just said we needed to have the front tires aligned - reading the fine print will ALWAYS save your skin.
Well gang, I have EFL homework to do, so I'd better close this post and get busy. I need to let my children see me "not waiting until the last minute" to do what's due tomorrow! Take care everyone - I let you know what all I learn tomorrow in the next post - like you care! Christye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Come on Leanne, start a blog about Baby Deweese! I would love to hear about your pregnancy experiences that we never have time to talk about at school! Maybe I'll start blogging too... Christye, I hope you have fun at ELF, I mean EFL tomorrow!
Leanne,
Join the fun! Start now before the twins arrive and it will be a habit (or addiction) by the time they're here!
Christye, how did the stuffed tomatoes turn out? My mouth's watering - our tomatoes aren't ripe for weeks still! Send me your recipe. :)
Post a Comment