Well. . . me for one - and about 40 other women I know who spend their days diligently working with children who are so DONE with school at this point that there is absolutely no logical reason to be there other than we don't have another choice! (Is that a run-on sentence?)
When I get in my car in the afternoons I don't even turn the heater on because I don't want to listen to the noise, and it's been about 18 degrees for the past 3 days. But, I must say the excitement that children have in their eyes at this time of year just has to touch your heart - and the questions about, well you know - "believeing" - they get to a point when they want to believe so badly in the magic of the season but in their hearts they know there's got to be something we're not telling them. (Now that has to be a run-on sentence!) That's why I ALWAYS stress to my students that the traditions are real and many of the events really happened you just have to study on your own to decide what traditions you are going to believe in and pass down in your own family.
That brings me to another point - some things just never change whether tradition or not. Just like today, Kellby texts me and says "I'm DONE!" - (he means finals are completed) and then the next text reads - "have you been to the grocery store?" , which means he's home from the dorm and there is NO JUNK FOOD AT THE HOUSE. . .yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment