You know you're a teacher when; your car, your dogs, and your windows don't get washed except in the summer! And what are a teacher's favorite months of the year? That's right - June, July and part of August (not much of it anymore)! That's when we get to do all the things that need to be done about every three months - but trying to juggle that, school, kids, church, and a little entertainment now and then - it just has to wait until my favorite months!
So, my windows are clean now - at least all the downstairs windows - inside and out. The upstairs windows are clean on the inside only - but unless you're that annoying mockingbird that sits on the eave every morning you will never see the outside of my upstairs windows!! And that's fine by me.
You also know you're a teacher when you get excited about the back to school open house at the local teacher supply store! And ours is tomorrow from 9-2. I don't plan on buying anything - you noticed I did say PLAN, because Danny has us on a budget so that we can pay for Kellby to wake up late and hurry to class in the fall, half asleep and probably half dressed! Now, back to the "plan", I'm really not interested in purchasing anything right now, but I've got to get my card punched so that I get in the drawing for the $100 shopping spree! I could definitely use that this year since I'm moving to second grade after 4.5 years in Kindergarten! (That's four and a half not 45).
Well as I said earlier it's the season to wash dogs, and I'm not getting any more energetic - so I'd better get out of this comfy chair and go make two little Shelties extremely frustrated! Have a wonderful rest of your week, probably won't post again this week - got a lot of other "summer fun" to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love you! I'm so excited to get to hear all about your life! Maybe I'll start one of these one day . . . I'll have to find a 6-year-old to teach me how, though. :)
Keep 'em coming . . .
You go girl. I can't believe that you are going to 2nd grade. You might graduate to 4th where you already have a science less prepared!! You know....the one about space or the universe, or something like that!
Post a Comment