The picture on the left of this post is our little 12 year-old Sheltie, Sunny. She has been such a sweet dog, and today we said good-bye. She struggled to stand, and sometimes labored to walk but she never, ever complained. We're not real sure what her problems were, but we suspect it stems from the trauma of being attacked twice in her life by other dogs. I was shocked at how hard it was for me to take her in this morning - I had done so well making the appointment. But Danny drove us to the clinic and took care of all the paperwork & talking - I was having trouble with my tearducts. Although we will miss that sweet little dispostion, we still have her brother Sam - who acts like a puppy most days - he's also 12; and our Great Pyrenese "lapdog", as she'd like to be known, Arwen. As for me, two dogs is plenty!!! (It's too emotional)
Blakeley comes home from New Life Ranch tomorrow, and there are 3 Hudson's for sure that will be glad when she is home. She's pretty quiet and being 14 she's at the stage of "retreat" to her room for hours, and hours at a time but we have really missed her dry humor and sweet smile that melts away the world!
Today is Kellby's last day of work at Tyson Foods. We aren't real thrilled that the job didn't last through the entire summer, but we are leaving for Gulf Shores a week from today - and I guess they decided it would be easier to hire someone new for the fall, since Kellby's college schedule didn't seem to work out for them either, than to work around his social life. Needless to say, it was GREAT experience - and he knows now - he needs a job where he doesn't sit at a computer all day - "B-O-R-I-N-G" was his exact word for his day at work. Like most "jobs" though he really liked the people he worked with.
I was able to steal a couple of hours and go to Springdale to see my mom today. She works on Saturday's at a local health food store, so on our day off - she's working! But this Sunday she is driving to our house and will spend the night and then she and I and both kids will shop for her some new work shoes on Monday morning - and then our plan is to have lunch at Sho Gun. I promised Blakeley we would have lunch there sometime this summer, so we decided Monday would be a super time to do that.
Danny took a vacation day today - and besides being my taxi driver, we got to have lunch together and get the oil changed in my car. After all that, I did the grocery store thing and he came home to start his "mowing" routine. It's an all day affair!
Enjoy the weekend - they always seem to go by too quickly no matter what the season.
PS - Tonight is homegrown tomato season at our house, I'm creating a new recipe "Stuffed Tomatoes with Feta Cheese, mango, sweet basil & kalamata olives. I'll let you know if anyone else likes it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am sorry about "the loss". I know how important pets are. I had to put down my horse that Kelly bought me for my 35th birthday. That was soooo hard for many reasons. You know, making any choice like that takes me back 7 years when I made the biggest choice to let go. So...I guess we should be happy when it is "just a pet" but that sometimes doesn't help.
Hope your camper was more worn out than mine. She would not quit with the irritating her brother. I think that was the only bad thing about the return. Otherwise....it was great to have her home again. She could have left the "just a minute" phrase there and it would have been even better.
I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. Animals become such a huge part of our families.
So sorry about your loss! Though I am most certainly NOT a dog person, I can imagine it was really tough.
Did Blakely get home and sleep all day? Hope got home from Spain, slept 16 hours, got up and showered and ate, then went back to bed for another 7 hours! :) She had a REALLY good time, apparently.
I love this blog! Getting back in touch is wonderful. I'm working on my page . . .
Love you!
Post a Comment