Here it is Thursday and I haven't done any of the "girlfriend" stuff I had planned to do while Blakeley was off at camp! I've been doing all the "list" stuff!! Next year I'm putting girlfriends at the top of my summer "list". Speaking of girlfriends, I received a comment from a dear, dear girlfriend, Marlette, about the blogging status I've started - and really you guys it is so-o-o easy. There are templates and you just click and it's done, believe me, IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN!!!
To let you know how fun it is, we are leaving for the beach on the 25th, I'm taking my laptop and digital to stay on top of the happenings. It's really moved me to the point of "writing everyday", which to many of us educators is a "standard" which we expect of students but I for one have not been a good practicer of the preaching until now. Of course, at the moment I have time to get on the computer, play around with pictures - pretty leisurely pace - but in 3 1/2 weeks let's see if the ole gal can keep up the pace!!!
Back to the girlfriend topic, today a couple of girlfriends and their kiddos are coming over to enjoy the pool - and it's pretty hot and humid! Kellby calls these "young" girlfriends my empathy friends, because he says they feel sorry for me because I'm old and don't have any friends - so they have decided to be my friend to make me feel good!! I have NEWS for him, I have some GREAT friends because I'm a pretty good "ole gal". He's about to find out what REAL friends are all about, those COLLEGE DAYS Friends, you just can't beat that time of life! I covet those memories, laughter, tears, and stupid, stupid stuff we did. Oh my gosh, remember the panty thief from the apartment laundromat - first me, then Marlette - then Trina and I confronted him - we were so stupid, "EXCUSE ME, I think you have something of mine"!!
But we survived to tell the tale, and that's all that matters. I sure can't top that one with any "teacher stories". But, give me a few years and maybe I will!!
It's almost time for the little swimmers to arrive, guess I need to go out and catch all the frogs in the baskets - Naw, Weston & Cooper will LOVE to do that, I'll just leave that little chore for them. Great idea, I'll take pictures so that you can see!!!! Later. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The panty thief . . . you don't know how much mileage I've gotten out of that story! I am smiling just thinking of it now. How brave - and foolish - were we? I MISS YOU!
Can you believe your namesake will be 21 in October? She is studying at Oxford for fall quarter. You would so love her - she's been pure joy from day one.
I was on Google Earth this week - Hope's in Spain, so I was looking to see where she was - and I tried to find Eastern Oaks apartments - I don't think they exist anymore! :)
Love you,
M
Post a Comment