Hot List

Monday, January 19, 2009

OMG!

For several years now, I have fussed at my kids about the "time" they spend on facebook!! Well, now I know why - I'm hooked too! A college friend, Lynnette Vance Stillwell, asked me to get on and told me how much fun it was to reconnect with lots of friends, so I'm giving it a whirl. Well, I just started Saturday (two days ago) and I'm to the point of having to limit myself on the time I spend on there - it's addictive. I've seen (pictures) of friends that I haven't seen in 20 years, wondered about them so many times - and now just at a click I can see them and their families, find out what's going on and hopefully find time to get together in real life someday!!! Now, let it be known I will be the 'special needs friend' for awhile, Lynnette emailed me and asked if I had a secret twin because I have to facebooks?, (smarty pants!) - Well after I set up the first one I got to thinking none of my college friends would know my married name because it was much later than college when I met Danny. And, my fifteen year old was not around to help me with my page so I just started a new one thinking I would just delete the old one - but as of yet I haven't found the delete button for the old one; but I'm still looking!!

Of course now my own kids (Kellby & Blakeley) think it's totally GROSS that their mother is on facebook. I have strict orders from my daughter NOT to be friends with ANY of her friends - but she's friends with a lot of my friends already, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that with her - but I'm a parent so I will come up with something, teehee!

I'm sitting here in my sweats on a Monday morning at 10:09am enjoying coffee and computer time - looking at read alouds that I need to be planning for vocabulary instruction for the coming four days - but it's MLK Jr. Day and I'm revelling in the celebration. Teaching is a wonderful profession - especially on holidays and snow days - HA, just kidding!!!

Back to an earlier post considering "The Shack" - I'm still not sure what I think. Our bible study group met last night and I was talking to my friend Cindy about the book, I confided in her that I really don't like reading it and I must be the only person in the world that doesn't LOVE this book - to be perfectly honest, I could put it down today and never read again and I wouldn't even care that I don't know what happens at the end of the book. Thank goodness Cindy said she was feeling some of the same emotioins, that Cindy she's one smart cookie! Anyway I will keep reading, I've been promised it does get better. Let me say this - it's not that I find the reading difficult or offensive - it's just that it's fiction and it's not necessarily the way I choose to view God and the Holy Spirit. I'm pretty okay with his view of Jesus, so far- and you're asking so what's that say about me (Christye), my way or the highway?, I hope not. ( - I'm still reading so don't judge me yet!!!) But you can be sure I will tell you what I think as soon as this whole book reading stuff is OVER.

No comments: