Hot List

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A word about birthday parties...

I've planned Power Ranger birthday parties, Ninja Turtle parties, even had Cinderella come to a birthday party once. But until last night, January 23, I had NEVER had twenty, 15-year olds, at my home during the winter for a "Hangin' out" birthday party. The kids were GREAT, they all used their manners, they weren't "too" messy, but I don't know how they will ever recall their conversations. The "Rock Band" was playing Sweet Home Alabama, the CD player was playing "Shaky leg" (as well as I could understand the words), all 20 of them were texting, and all the volume levels were at the maximum. It was the loudest evening I think this ole house has EVER been through - and we've had some pretty dandy thunderstorms in these parts in the past year which involved the falling of trees - but none compare with last night. And the scary part this morning is - I was here ALONE with all those children! Kellby even had to get out - (but I think it was the looks he was getting from all the little girls that made him uncomfortable, not the noise.)
So, my word to all you moms who try to have a great party for your kids on that one special day - have the parties at home until about the age of 12; then - plan the party at a retail location (it's worth every penny), knock down the time limit to about 2 and a half hours, and ask some other parents to join you. But NEVER, EVER, EVER have a party with 15 year old, boys and girls at your home during the WINTER - speaking from experience, God is so-o-o-o faithful- (Papa and I had several heart to hearts during that 4 hours)!!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

You are a brave momma! You should have called and I would have brought out sonic drinks to watch what my future holds!

Leanne said...

Christye your right-he probably won't have loud and obnoxious friends because HE will be the loud and obnoxious one!

Trina said...

I am with you. I about lost it with 6 eleven-year-old girls in October AND then again with 8 year-old hyper boys eating sugar. My hormones are not there so I am thinking that I will need extra medication by the time they reach 15.